Are you at least 18 years old?
Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?
Are you interested in learning about Applied Behavior Analysis or furthering your career?
Are you fluent in American Sign Language (ASL)?If you answered ✊👊✊👊 YES to those questions, then you’re a great candidate to take this course! This is perfect for individuals who are interested in learning about Applied Behavior Analysis or furthering their career. In order to become an RBT, individuals need to complete a 40 hour training course (this!), complete a skills competency assessment and pass an exam. Unfortunately, it is often difficult for Deaf and hard of hearing test takers to pass the exam because most trainings are not accessible… and the jargon utilized is difficult for interpreters to translate into ASL. We’re changing that now with a weekly LIVE Zoom class — no ASL interpreter necessary.
When is the class?
We have opened a second section of the class by popular demand.Attend on Wednesdays 4:00PM-7:00PM EST (February 1st-April 19th) or Thursdays 6:00PM-9:00PM EST (February 2nd-April 20th).
Where is the class?
Virtually from your home over Zoom!
- Weekly Zoom LIVE classes with a Deaf Board Certified Behavior Analyst for 12 weeks!
- Access to recordings of Zoom classes + EXTRA videos explanation videos in ASL
- Weekly assignments, interactive activities and check-ins
- RBT® Exam Study materials in ASL
- BONUS: FREE access to “ABA, Signed!”
Interested? Take advantage of this great deal, open only to our first live zoom class! Future live classes won’t be this cheap!Need to purchase multiple or for someone else? Email me directly at jacqui@signsofcommunication.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will the classes be recorded? What if I have to miss a class?
- YES, they will be recorded. You can miss up to two classes, but must watch the recordings (and answer questions related to the recordings) in order to get credit. We strongly encourage you to attend all classes.
- How much work is this class?
- You can expect to spend about 4-5 hours a week working on this class! Each class is 3 hours and some weeks, you’ll have extra videos to watch. You’ll also spend time working on out-of-class assignments to further your knowledge.
- Will I be an RBT after I take the class?
- No– to be an RBT, you need to take a 40 hour training (that’s this!), pass a competency exam and take the RBT exam. You’ll be one step of the way there!
- I have additional accessibility needs. Can you teach me too?
- Reach out to us and we’ll do our best to support you.